Submission to the 2020 Crafted Vancouver festival is now closed.
We invite you to apply to the 3rd annual Crafted Vancouver festival this Fall.
Application for submission will be active September 15, 2020 – January 3, 2021 for the May 1-25, 2021 festival.
Please direct any further submission questions to [email protected]
ACTIVATING ENRICHING CRAFTED CONNECTIONS
Each May craft-based work is featured & exhibited in a 25-day festival through a variety of events at dozens of venues throughout Metro Vancouver & Fraser Valley. As the only month-long festival in North America designed to celebrate the vitality of our hand-crafted world, we are dedicated to enhancing appreciation of fine craft and our crafted environment from across a continuum, including the ancestral, tribal & traditional to leading-edge contemporary.
Last year the festival had 100+ events taking place at 35 venues across Metro Vancouver, featuring the work of over 100 craft-based artists & designers across multiple disciplines.
The third annual Crafted Vancouver festival runs May 1-25, 2021. Events must run during some part of the festival duration and can start before and/or end after the official festival period.
OUR EVENT PARTNERS
Crafted Vancouver pools together a unique blend of local, national & international independent makers + designers, studios & craft collectives, galleries, museums, showrooms, shops & luxury brands, craft & design schools, cultural organizations, craft member associations, curators, scholars, collectors, embassies, writers, chefs and other regional producers of food & beverage, all making, exhibiting, supporting or selling exceptional craft-based work.
TYPES OF EVENTS
Craft appreciators and collectors are invited to immerse themselves in exclusive Gallery Exhibitions, Artist Talks & Presentations, Crafted In The City – Retail Shop & Showroom Events, Craft Is Everywhere window Installations, Food & Drinks Events, Hands-On Workshops, Fashion Events, Guided Studio Tours, Opening Receptions, Demonstrations, Reading Salon, REEL Crafted Film Festival, Live Podcast, Walking Tours, & Performances.
Intimate events and open exhibitions that shine a light on the hand-made take place at a variety of select venues throughout Metro Vancouver including studios, galleries, museums, gardens, heritage buildings, shops, performance centres, showrooms & luxury retail locations.
Your Event Partner registration includes:
- An Event Listing and Event Partner listing on the online Crafted Vancouver website including multiple search options;
- A listing in the printed and digital Programme Guidebook (event name, dates, address, short description) with an anticipated distribution of 5,000 copies throughout Metro Vancouver. View the digital version of the 2019 Programme Guidebook
- Crafted Vancouver signage (e.g. Festival window decals and signage, not project specific);
- Inclusion in the “What’s On” daily listing on home page;
- Inclusion in one or more Crafted Vancouver social media post(s) and newsletter.
Other Event Partner Benefits
- Collectively, we are cultivating an appreciation and demand for handcrafted quality. Your participation is an opportunity to engage in this city-wide celebration with a captive audience.
- Inclusion in the Crafted Vancouver Programme guidebook. We produce thousands of copies of our collector quality Programme Guidebook, listing each event in detail and distributed during April to select locations throughout Metro Vancouver. The Guidebook has a shelf life long after each festival. Each Event Partner receives 100 copies for their own distribution. For an additional discounted fee we offer a limited number of Advertising Space to those Event Partners who would like to be featured in a more prominent way during the festival.
For a closer look, check out our Events and Event Partners in the 2019 Programme Guidebook
- Be featured in detail on the CraftedVancouver.com website under Events and Event Partners. Each Event Partner receives a dedicated webpage with the ability to update images and text, allowing festival visitors an easy and efficient means of follow-up during and after the festival. Over time this archive becomes a valuable resource for collectors and craft appreciators from around the world. Events details are listed and archived.
- Events Partners receive coverage through Crafted Vancouver’s social media and e-newsletter as official festival partners.
- We facilitate festival press releases and requests for images and we work with our strategic partners to cross-promote your event(s).
- Richard Olak Media provide filmmaking expertise during the festival to compile events into a short film of festival highlights. We engage professional and volunteer photographers to provide event coverage which we use in our newsletters, social media channels and other promotional materials.
- Festival advertising – 2019 advertising highlights include the following:
Street banners on Burrard Bridge, Tourism Vancouver Visitor’s Guide, weekly full-page Georgia Straight ads, North Shore News, Art-BC Guide to Arts & Culture, Preview Magazine, Studio Magazine, Artslandia, Surface Design Magazine, Galleries West, North Vancouver Community Arts Council, BC Alliance for Arts & Culture.
Networking and Community Building
Build relationships with other Event Partners and become part of a vibrant and creative community. Crafted Vancouver hosts two networking opportunities for our Event Partners:
- The Pre-Festival Mixer in April for Event Partners only
- The Festival Opening Reception in May where Event Partners in attendance are introduced to an audience of festival participants
All registrations will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis from Sept-Jan each year. Once accepted, an invoice will be sent and payment is required by e-transfer (preferred), cheque or credit card.